Skill development programs conducted under CSIR-Integrated Skill Initiative/ Skill India:
- Hands on training program on Printed Circuit Board Design and Manufacturing- This is a short term (40 hours) training course offered to the B.Tech/ Diploma students of Electronics/ Electrical/ related branches. The course covers aspects of PCB design and fabrication with its latest industrial trends. Each student learn by fabricating their own PCBs using the PCB design systems available in the laboratory. The target is to inculcate appropriate skills among the students, so that their employability is enhanced. Till date 13 programs each consisting of ~30 students have been conducted.
- Hands on training program on micro CNC and micro manufacturing- This is a short term (40 hours) training course offered to the B.Tech/ Diploma students of Mechanical/ related branches. The course covers aspects of CNC machine operation and micro manufacturing using CNC machines. Till date ~200 students have been trained in this course.
- Assistant Professor at Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research, New Delhi, India
- Adjunct faculty at the Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST), erstwhile BESU, Shibpur, West Bengal, India.
Courses taught to postgraduate students of Mechatronics Branch- Coursework on Instrumentation and Industrial Control and Sensors laboratory.
Course work: Instrumentation and Industrial Control (ENG(CMERI) 2-405 )
- Process Control Instrumentation Technology by Curtis D. Johnson, Prentice Hall India, 2006.
- Micromechatronics by Kenji Uchino, Markel Dekker Inc., 2008.
- Training Manual on Programmable Logic Controllers published by Central Tools and Training Center (CTTC), Bhubaneswar, 2009.
- Fundamentals of Industrial Instrumentation and Process Controls by William C. Dunn, Mc. Graw Hill, 2005.
- Intelligent Instrumentation: Principles and Applications by M. Bhuyan, CRC Press, 2010.
- Industrial Communication Systems edited by B.M. Wilamowski and J.D. Irwin, CRC Press, 2011
Topics to be covered:
Measurement systems: General concepts, Performance terms, static and dynamic characteristics, system transfer function, system accuracy, sources of error.
Sensors & Transducers: Transducer Fundamentals, resistive, inductive, capacitive, piezoelectric, optoelectronic,
pressure, strain, torque, speed, chemical, temperature.
Smart sensors & Intelligent Instrumentation: Smart sensors and its categories; intelligent instrumentation systems.
Programmable Logic Controllers: Construction Types, Hardware, Programming and Applications.
Industrial Communication in Process Control: Smart transmitters, Hardware and Software protocols, RS232, Modbus, GPIB, HART, FF and other IEEE Standards.
Virtual Instrumentation: Graphical programming, loops and charts, arrays, clusters and graphs, case and sequence structures, advantages of VI. Labview applications.